NOTE: This page is intended for the McAfee Support team and contains instructions for creating a Jive Add-On
A Jive add-on is an archive file, containing configuration settings and other data, that should be installed in the customer's Jive community before enabling API access from MVISION Cloud.
Create a Jive Add-On
- Download the example package example-extension.zip from the Jive documentation page at https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-99941. Refer to the end of the article to download the ZIP file.
- Create a working/temporary folder called Jive Package.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file into the folder. After extraction, the Jive Package folder will have the following entries:
- data (folder)
- i18n (folder)
- definition (JSON)
- meta (JSON)
- Open the JSON file meta in a text editor.
- Update the following entries
- Change 'id' attribute to a random UUID generated (you can generate random UUID from https://www.uuidgenerator.net/
- Change 'name' attribute to 'mcafee-oauth2-client'
- Change 'description' attribute to 'Jive Add-On for McAfee Enterprise MVISION Cloud'
- Change 'redirect_url' to https://www.myshn.net/shndash/extens...AuthController (right click and choose 'Copy link address' as this URL is in shortened form)
- If 'redirect_url' attribute doesn't exist in the JSON file, please add it with the above mentioned value.
- Change 'released_on' to current date in the format 'YYYY-MM-DDT00:00:00.000Z'
- Example: if the date today is July 29, 2019 then 'released_on' will be '2019-07-29T00:00:00.000Z'
- Change 'service_url' to https://www.myshn.net/shndash/extens...AuthController (right click and choose 'Copy link address' as this URL is in shortened form)
- Remove attributes 'register_url' and 'unregister_url' (remove these attribute entries completely including name and value, do not just remove the value of the attributes)
- Save your changes to the meta file and close the text editor.
- Select all entries in the Jive Package folder, right-click, and create a ZIP archive.
- Name the ZIP file McAfee Enterprise Jive Add-On.
Note: Create a ZIP archive by selecting entries/contents of 'Jive Package' but not by selecting the 'Jive Package' folder. When you extract the ZIP archive you have created, the folder where the contents are extracted should contain four entries mentioned above (data, i18n, definition, meta).