McAfee's MVISION Cloud for GitHub allows Security Operations Center (SOC) Admins to monitor user activity in GitHub, enforce DLP policies, and review threats detected by MVISION Cloud’s UEBA (User and Entity Behavior Analytics) and machine learning algorithms. This topic provides information on how to configure MVISION Cloud for Github.
For information on activity monitoring, data loss prevention, and threat protection support on MVISION Cloud for Github, see About MVISION Cloud for Github.
- Enable the feature by reaching out to your Sales Representative to get the tenant ID administrator login credentials.
- Get the admin credentials for GitHub hosted on the cloud.
- Get a list of GitHub organizations to be monitored.
- Make sure that the admin has the owner role in the organizations to be monitored
Enable Skyhigh for Github
- Click Enable on the setup page for the GitHub instance.
- Click Provide API Credentials to begin the configuration.
- When prompted, enter your GitHub credentials: email and password.
- Grant permissions for all the organizations that are to be monitored and secured by MVISION Cloud.
- Once authenticated, GitHub events are received by MVISION Cloud.
Add GitHub Organizations
To add GitHub organizations for monitoring, do the following:
- Disable API access for GitHub in MVISION Cloud.
- Go to GitHub user Settings > Applications > Authorized OAuth application and revoke the MVISION Cloud application.
- Enable API access and grant permissions for additional organizations.