To integrate MVISION Cloud with Zoom via API, make sure to meet the following prerequisites:
- Admin Access to Zoom for authenticating services.
- Admin Access to Zoom must have Full administrator privileges.
- Admin Access to MVISION Cloud.
- MVISION Cloud supports only these Zoom plans: Enterprise, Business, or Pro licenses.
- The required Zoom APIs are not available in Zoom Basic or Free licenses. For Zoom licensing options and prices, see Zoom Plan and Pricing.
Integrate MVISION Cloud with Zoom
To integrate MVISION Cloud with Zoom, perform the following steps:
Step 1: Create Zoom Instance
To create Zoom instance:
- Go to Settings > Service Management.
- Click Add Service Instance.
- Select Zoom and enter a unique name for the instance.
- Click Done.
- Before enabling API for Zoom, make sure to complete the OAuth app authentication in the Zoom admin account. To create an OAuth app in Zoom, see Custom OAuth Application for Zoom.
- As you complete the OAuth app in Zoom, make a note of the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret'. You will need this to complete Step 2.
Step 2: Enable API for Zoom
To enable API for Zoom instance:
- Select the service instance created, go to the Setup tab, and click Enable.
- In the wizard, click Provide API Credentials.
- On the Provide API Credentials page, configure the following:
- Client ID and Client Secret. Enter the Client ID and Client Secret retrieved from Custom OAuth Application for Zoom.
- Admin Email ID. Enter the Zoom administrator Email ID.
- Click Submit.
Supported Use Cases
- DLP Collaboration Use Cases
- Activity Monitoring, Threat Protection, and Anomalies
- Supported Response Actions
Activity Monitoring, Threat Protection, and Anomalies
As a security admin, you can perform a forensic investigation on various activities done by users and automatically detect anomalies. Activities monitored are:
- Create channel
- Add members to the channel
- Update user status
As a security admin, you can perform the following response actions:
- SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO
- USER EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Secure Collaboration (Future Release planned)
- As a security admin:
- You can detect sensitive content posted in conversation with external users and remove the content.
- You can monitor unauthorized external users joining the Zoom meetings and remove the users.
Use Cases Not Supported
The following use cases are currently not supported due to the unavailability of Zoom API:
- API based DLP for messages and files during real-time meeting chat
- API based scanning of file uploads in a meeting chat
Zoom Known Behaviors
When collaborating in Zoom, you might notice the following known behaviors:
- File Path Rule for Multi Chats is not supported.
Events send by Zoom for multi-chat are same as events send in the channel. But unable to distinguish the events between the channel and multi-chat. So the File Path Rule cannot be applied for multi-chat messages.