Before deploying a POP, please make sure you've met the following prerequisites.
- Pre-configured VPC network with a subnet
- File Store associated with the VPC network to store POP service logs
Infrastructure.tar, which is part of the POP Deployment Package (PopDeployment.tar), contains the deployment script (‘deploy-prereq-pop.sh’) to deploy the POP.
To deploy a POP:
- To create the GCP profile used to bring up a POP, execute the following command:
sudo gcloud config set project <PROJECT-ID>
- Copy the deployment script located in
Infrastructure.tarusing the following command:
gsutil cp <path to deploy-prereq-pop.sh> deploy.sh
- Copy the stored public key using the following command:
gsutilcp <path to key.txt> key.txt
key.txt is the public key and should be present in the required GCP format.
- Execute the following command with the respective values:
bash deploy.sh --popname=<PoP_Name> --storage=<NFS Mount point link> --zone= <ZONE> --region= <REGION> --account=<Service Account Email> --network=<VPC network name> --subnet=<Subnet name> --infrapackage=<Infrastructure.tar path> --poppackage=<PoPDeployment.tar path> --nodes=1 --key-location="key.txt location"
- Provide the inputs for the POP Deployment Template as found here.