MVISION Cloud breaks Configuration Audit Policies into five buckets. Depending on the services your organization uses, and how the services are used, not all Configuration Policies may appear in the Security Configuration Audit page.
Because of a large number of policies, you can filter them to limit the number shown. There are several ways to use these filters. You can also create a Saved View to make it easy to find the filters you use the most.
To filter policies:
- Choose Policy > Configuration Audit.
- Under Filters, choose from any of the following:
- Policy Status. Choose Active or Inactive to filter incidents by their status.
- Service Name. Choose the name of the service to view just the violations triggered by users of that service. This option only appears if you have more than one IaaS service configured with MVISION Cloud.
- Policy Type. Deselect to exclude by a policy.
- Policy Category. Select a category to view just the violations under that category.
- CIS Level. Select a level (which are benchmarks determined by the Center for Internet Security) to view just the violations triggered for Level 1 or Level 2 policies.