Update as of 11/15/2023- Skyhigh Security will now be changing to the new Skyhigh Certificate bundle on November 16, 2023 at 06:30 UTC. For further details, please see below.
SNS Notice: Default Certificate Bundle in Skyhigh Secure Web Gateway for Cloud must be Migrated by November 16, 2023
SNS Emails ID: SNS4115
Last Modified: 2023-11-23 at 10:54AM EST
Skyhigh Security is constantly striving to deliver excellence in performance and user experience. To continue delivering on that promise, Skyhigh Secure Web Gateway (SWG) for Cloud will be changing from the default McAfee Certificate bundle to a new Skyhigh Certificate bundle, which contains a signed certificate.
If you are using the default McAfee Certificate bundle with Skyhigh SWG for Cloud, you will need to take action and migrate to the new Skyhigh Certificate bundle before November 16, 2023. Please see the Administrative Steps below for further instructions.
The impact of not changing certificates will affect the current HTTPS scanning and SAML logins.
If you are not using the default McAfee certificate bundle for Skyhigh SWG for Cloud, i.e., using a custom certificate, no action is required.
Administrative Steps: To be completed before Nov 16th, 2023.
- If you are using the default McAfee Certificate bundle, take the following actions:
- First, download the Skyhigh Security Certificate bundle from Skyhigh Security.
- Next, import the new Skyhigh Security certificate into the Trusted Root CA Store of all your endpoints before Nov 15th, 2023.
NOTE: After this date, Skyhigh Security will no longer use McAfee-branded certificates. You may choose to remove the McAfee-branded Root CA from your trust store once the Skyhigh certificate is used.
- If Step 2 is not performed before Nov 15, 2023, end users will see Untrusted Certificate messages in their browsers and SAML authentication in web policy flows might break.
- If the default McAfee Certificate bundle is NOT trusted, no actions are needed.
In summary, please import the new Skyhigh Security certificate along with the McAfee certificate into the trust store before Nov 15, 2023, to enable a seamless migration without affecting any services.
For more information, please review instructions here.
If you have questions, contact Skyhigh Security Support.
To receive information about product updates, sign up for the Support Notification Service.
Original Send Date
August 28, 2023