To automatically add services to a Service Group based on inclusion criteria that map against the registry, use Automatic Assignment. With Automatic Assignment, the inclusion criteria is reevaluated each night against all services in the Cloud Registry. MVISION Cloud removes services that no longer match the criteria, and adds any services that now match the criteria.
Even if Automatic Assignment is enabled, you can manually add Services to the group on the Services page.
To automatically add services to Service Groups:
- Navigate to Governance > Service Groups.
- Click Create Service Groups.
- Toggle Automatic Assignment ON.
- Choose if you want the rule to match ANY rule (OR logic), or if you want the rule to match ALL rules (AND logic).
- Click Plus to add more rules.
- Click Minus to remove existing rules.
- Add rule criteria. Any Omnibar search term can be used to build the rule, except for sub-categories.
- Set any exceptions if there are particular services that are not meant to be in the group even though they match the inclusion criteria. Any Omnibar search term can be used to build the rule, except for sub-categories.
- Click Apply Rules to preview the new Service Group. This preview returns the list of services matching the inclusion criteria with their current group status in the Services in Group table.
- Click Save.
If a service appears in the preview that you do not want to include in the Service Group, click Remove in the Actions column. This creates an exception for any matching services and adds an exception rule to the new group for that service. When you apply rules again, it disappears from the table view.
After applying rules, to create an exception for any of the matching services, in the Actions column, click Remove. Or you can select multiple services and click Remove. This adds an exception rule to the new group for that service or services. If you apply rules again, it disappears from the table view.