The Activities page provides details on the user activities captured within your organization. It can be used to monitor the activity of how users within your organization use cloud services over time.
Find the page at Incidents > User Activity > Activities.
The current version of the Activities page has the following important changes from the previous version:
- To see the Activities page, you must have the Activities role assigned to your MVISION Cloud account.
- To see the Activity Timeline, use the Chart View on the Activities page or the Chart View on the Anomalies page.
- For information previously viewed in the Anomalies tab, see About Anomalies.
- Instead of viewing a list of users on the Users tab, search for users using the User Name filter, and on the Anomalies and Threats pages.
- The Geo Location View is available along with Table View and Chart View icons.
- To create anomaly exceptions, use the Anomalies page
- The Activities page now provides the Chart View, Saved Views, and Scheduled Reporting features to be consistent with most other MVISION Cloud page features and layouts.
- The Collaboration graph tab shown previously for some SaaS services is not available.
- The Edit Categories option to assign individual activities to one of the pre-defined categories is not available.
- Any existing Saved Views are migrated from the old page, except for Saved Views created with regex, which are not supported.
The Activities page provides the following information and actions:
- Filters. Select options on the Filters tab to scope down your search.
- Views. Select the Views tab to use Saved Views created by you or shared with you by another user to reuse specified search parameters from a previous search on current data.
- Search. Search via the Omnibar. You can search for multiple incident IDs and multiple users by entering a query in the Omnibar. Regex-based search and wildcards are supported for partial user names, agents, and file names. (For example, user*, and *.pdf.)
- Date Picker. Use the Date Picker to select a preset or custom date range to display data from only this date range. This honors the data retention as applicable for the tenant
- Save View. Click to create a Saved View from your search query.
- Activities. The total number of user activities for all services.
- Unique Users. The total number of unique users for all services.
- Unique Services. The total number of unique services.
- Edit Table Columns. When complete, click Save Table Settings.
- Download CSV. Click to download the data in the table as a CSV XLSX file.
NOTE: The columns in the CSV file reflect the columns in the table as displayed. To download the data from more columns, select and add those to the view using Actions > Edit Table Columns.
- Create Report
- Business Report (PDF). Create a PDF report and run it immediately, which then appears in the Report Manager.
- CSV. Create a CSV report and run it immediately, which then appears in the Report Manager.
- XLS. Create an XLS report and run it immediately, which then appears in the Report Manager.
- Schedule. Schedule a report to run later, which then appears in the Report Manager.
- Service Name. Displays the name of the cloud service for the user activity.
- Activity Type. Displays the type of user activity.
- Source IP. Displays the source IP address of the user activity.
- Country. Displays the country of origin of the user activity.
Activities Cloud Card
Click a row in the Activities table view to display the Activities Cloud Card, which provides a detailed view of the selected activity. From here you can use filters to search for more information about the selected activity, view Enhanced Metadata, and view Activity-Specific details.
To display your Activities data in a chart, click the Chart icon, under the Omnibar.
To display Activities data in a chart:
- Show. Select an item from the Show list to determine the X axis of your chart.
- By. Select an item from the By list to determine the Y axis of your chart.
- In a. From In a list, select your chart type, if available:
- Breakdown. Donut or horizontal bar chart.
Your data is displayed in the chart.
Geo Location View
To display your Activities data in a map view, click the Geo Location icon, under the Omnibar.
The Activity Geo Location view displays a world map with bubbles based on numbers of unique detected users. You can use this view to see how your organization interacts with the cloud on a global level.
You can prioritize your cloud security strategy by the location where specific activities and anomalies occur most often and find out which locations are most prone to specific threats.
Use the following actions in the Geo Location tab:
- Zoom. Use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out of the map, getting more information on the specific locations of the activity.
- Click. Click a bubble to show the number of unique detected users.
- Unknown Location. A count of all activity that is not attributed to a specific location.