IMPORTANT: You must have the MVISION Cloud Connector user role to configure Cloud Connector. For details, see About User Roles and Access Levels.
IMPORTANT: You must access the MVISION Cloud user interface from the same network that your Cloud Connector is on. Otherwise, you cannot enable the feature or configure settings. An error message displays, "AD settings cannot be accessed outside of your company's network. You need to be inside your company's network to turn on the feature."
Syslog Server Configuration
Use these settings to configure the MVISION Cloud Connector Syslog service to receive messages from the Syslog client for log processing. MVISION Cloud Connector Syslog service supports TLSv1.3 protocol for inbound and outbound connections.
To create a new Syslog configuration, perform the following steps:
- Click the + (add) icon.
- Select the Syslog protocol.
Note: You can create multiple Syslog configuration using any of the protocols.
- Enter the port number.
- Enter the Syslog Publisher Configuration.
- Log File Directory. Enter the log file directory.
- Log File Name Prefix. Enter the file name.
- Service Filter Pattern. Enter the service pattern.
- Temp File Name. Enter the temporary file name.
- Click Save.
Note: Click the + icon to add another Syslog configuration.
|TCP Session Timeout in Minutes||Enter the TCP session timeout in minutes.|
|UDP Buffer Size in Bytes||Enter the buffer size in Bytes.|
|Publish File Frequency||Enter the time-frequency to rotate the Syslog file.|
|Output File Size||Enter the size of the Syslog file.|
|Queue Capacity||Enter the queue capacity.|
There is a Known Issue with MVISION Cloud Connector 4.3.2 where Syslog over TLS does not work on Windows. To fix this, you must update the latest version of Cloud Connector using these steps:
- Stop all running services.
- Run the Cloud Connector installer to upgrade the latest version.
- Enter the command shnlpcli jksp --newPass xxxx.
- Start Syslog server first and then Cloud Connector.