When you upgrade an older version of MVISION Cloud Connector (3.9.x) to the latest version of Cloud Connector (4.x), you might encounter install or upgrade failures because Cloud Connector cannot fetch or install certificates.
This can happen due to the following reasons.
Symbolic Server Name
The Symbolic Server Name was not registered with MVISION Cloud during the previous install (3.9.x). and upgrading to 4.x fails.
With Cloud Connector 4.x and later, it is mandatory to have a Symbolic Server Name created for every instance of the Cloud Connector.
To fix this, run the following curl command to register the Symbolic Server Name with MVISION Cloud:
After running the command, the upgrade will complete successfully.
Contact MVISION Cloud Support for assistance.
- To update Cloud Connector's IP/port/version details for Non-IAM enabled user:
- To update Cloud Connector's IP/port/version details for IAM enabled user:
The MVISION Cloud Connector was installed behind a proxy and the -VignoreCertificate option was provided to accept any certificates from the proxy. The -VignoreCertificate option is NOT supported for Cloud Connector 4.x and later.
To confirm this issue, review the logprocessor.local.properties file. If it has acceptAnyCert=true, that means -VignoreCertificate was used during installation.
To fix this issue, import the proxy certificate to the Cloud Connector trust store so that the call goes through.
Perform the following steps:
- Remove the "acceptanycert=true" property from logprocessor.local.properties file.
- Place the customer proxy root CA certificate in the location where the installation file is saved.
- For Windows. Open a command prompt with the "run as administrator" option. Then run the following command from the administrator command prompt:
- For Linux. Run the following command as a user that has root permissions. Alternately, you can run it using the sudo command and provide the root password if/when prompted.