To integrate Atlassian Jira with Skyhigh CASB, first you must create a Jira instance in Skyhigh CASB, enable Webhooks in Jira Cloud, then enable API access for Jira in Skyhigh CASB.
Step 1: Create an instance for Atlassian JIRA in Skyhigh CASB
- Go to Settings > Service Management.
- Click Add Instance. Select JIRA, provide an instance name and click Done. Make a note of the the name of instance as it will be required in later steps.
NOTE: Do not enable API access for this instance yet.
Step 2: Enable Webhooks in JIRA Cloud
IMPORTANT: One of the following steps requires you to contact Skyhigh Security Support to obtain the unique webhook URL for your JIRA instance.
- Log in to your JIRA cloud instance.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Select Webhooks in the navigation menu and click Create a Webhook button.
- Provide a name for the webhook.
- For the URL field, contact Skyhigh Security Support to get the unique webhook URL for your Jira instance. Enter the URL.
- Provide the name of the JIRA instance created in Skyhigh CASB (in step 1) while reaching out to the support team.
- Scroll down to the Events section and select all checkboxes in all categories
- Click Create to complete the process of registering a webhook
Step 3: Enable API access for JIRA in Skyhigh CASB
- Select the JIRA Instance created in Service Management, go to the Setup tab, and click Enable API access.
- Provide the domain name of your JIRA cloud account. If domain name is "shn-xyz.atlassian.net", then please enter domain name as "shn-xyz".
- Authorize Skyhigh CASB application with appropriate permissions:
- API access for JIRA is now enabled and JIRA integration is complete.