Limited Availability: Slack Non-Enterprise API Integration via Custom OAuth app is a Limited Availability feature. To enable API access for your Slack Non-Enterprise (Pro or Business+) instance via a Custom OAuth app, contact Skyhigh Support.
As a security admin, before you enable API access for your Slack Non-Enterprise (Pro or Business+) instance, make sure the following prerequisites are in order.
Slack Non-Enterprise- Pro or Business+
- Slack Admin account credentials. These credentials are used to enable API integration in Skyhigh CASB.
- Slack URL. The Slack workspace URL from your Slack account. For example, https://<workspace>.slack.com
- Client ID and Client Secret. The Client ID and Client Secret from your Custom OAuth app in Slack.
- Skyhigh CASB Manifest File. The manifest file with a pre-defined configuration to create a Custom OAuth app in Slack. To download the Skyhigh CASB manifest file, you must be logged in and authenticated in Skyhigh Security Help (MindTouch).
Integrate Skyhigh CASB with Slack
- Integrate Skyhigh CASB with Slack Non-Enterprise
- Follow this workflow for a step-by-step process on how to integrate Skyhigh CASB with Slack Non-Enterprise via a Custom OAuth app.
- Pages: 5
NOTE: To enable API access for existing Slack Non-Enterprise instances via a Custom OAuth app, you must first disable API access for your Slack Non-Enterprise instance in Skyhigh CASB, and follow the steps from Step 2 to re-enable API access for your Slack Non-Enterprise instance.
IMPORTANT: After integrating Skyhigh CASB with Slack successfully, you can define DLP policies and attach them to your Slack Non-Enterprise instance in Skyhigh CASB. For details on supported DLP Policy Rules & Response Actions, see Supported DLP Policy Rules and Response Actions.