Skyhigh Cloud Connector (CC) (also called GroundLink) is an on-premises software service that provides an integration point between Skyhigh Security Cloud and the enterprise network. The CC can be deployed either centrally or distributed based on the network topology.
The Cloud Connector service is deployed on either Windows, Linux/Unix or Mac and is typically installed on a virtual machine.
The CC is responsible for the following:
- Security egress devices log collection and processing
- Pre-filtering log data
- LDAP integration with Active Directory
- Integration with enterprise SIEM
- Active Directory integration
- Tokenization and detokenization of enteprise PII
- Secure transfer of logs with Skyhigh Security Cloud data centers
- Cloud loop remediation with web proxies
- Integration with Checkpoint Firewall API
Skyhigh Cloud Connector identifies relevant log entries, while tokenizing confidential information, enhancing the value of your existing infrastructure investments. Then Cloud Connector compresses the data and securely uploads it to Skyhigh CASB for discovery and analysis. Sensitive log data is tokenized on-premises, making sure no personally identifiable information or confidential data such as usernames and IP addresses leave your organization. Cloud Connector also integrates with edge devices (proxies and firewalls) for Closed-Loop Remediation, Active Directory, SIEM, and SMTP.
Download and Install
New versions of CC are usually released every three to four months. All new features and enhancements are available only in the latest release. For more information, see Skyhigh Cloud Connector Release and Support Plan.