Create a New User
Accounts with the User Manager role can create new users. When you create a new user, you will set their user roles and data access levels.
Be sure to use a valid email address for the user. For non-SAML users (meaning the user logs in with username and password credentials), a user activation email is sent once the account is created. The user must click the link in the email to create a password and activate their account.
NOTE: Previously when you deleted a user's account, you could not reuse that email address. Now you may recreate that user account using the same email address, but it will be a new account. No Saved Views, Reports, or other user settings will be available from the old account.
To add a new user:
- Go to Settings > User Management > Users.
- Click Actions > Create New User.
- Under User Details, add the following information:
- First Name.
- Last Name.
- Email. This will be the user’s login credential. The user will receive an email with a link to create a password.
- Correlation ID. This is a unique identifier for users generated by your IdP for SAML logins.
- OPTIONAL: To give a user Read Only access, select Set all to: Read Only. A Read Only user can go through the steps of configuring or using a feature, but they cannot save any changes. For details, see Read-Only Users.
- Under Access Control, on the Roles tab, choose a combination of User Roles that grant the user the level of access you prefer.
- If needed, select a Data Jurisdiction tab, and select a Shadow or Sanctioned Data Jurisdiction option to enforce data access and set the default UI view for the user.
- Click Save.
IMPORTANT: Users with these User Roles CANNOT be assigned to a Data Jurisdiction:
- Compliance Manager
- User Manager