High Level Architecture
Simplified high-level architecture view
- The agent sends data through the Data Exchange Layer (DXL) to a Point of Presence (PoP).
- PoP sends to Skyhigh Security. The PoP is the only point of connectivity to Skyhigh Security Cloud.
- CNAPP supports Linux and Windows workloads.
The management architecture manages mapping the policies to individual workloads, status monitoring, task creation, status reporting, and task scheduling.
The management architecture has a robust API platform integration, that helps clients connect deeper into CI/CD pipelines.
Visibility control allows you to look deeper into Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Flow Logs and Cloud Trails and to visualize and analyze data flows.
The management architecture also supports:
- Rapid and constant changes across the platform.
- Comprehensive Risk Prioritization across control planes and workloads.
- API-first mentality for visibility and control.
- Forward thinking for paradigms like serverless and FaaS.
- Feature Flags and telemetry.
- FaaS – Function as a service.
The POP architecture supports the following:
- One-click deployment.
- Extensible, containerized services.
- DXL Communication for Agent (and other services).
- Bring Shift Left (CI/CD Workflow), DLP, and other services to the local network/VPC.
- Built-in scaling, updating, fault tolerance, and troubleshooting.
- Full support of the hybrid-cloud, multi-cloud, end state.
- POP exposes the API for CI/CD integration.
- CI/CD integration downloads the agent, downloads the installation script, then pushes it toward the client workloads, along with client config for DXL.
- A script downloads a smart installer that will perform checks, and also download necessary agent plugins.
- The smart installer will always pull the latest agents and plugins.
** Each region will have a different POP installation.
The Agent architecture is:
- Based on the very mature OSQuery from Facebook
- Operate in User Space (as opposed to Kernel Space)
- Easy Auto Updates
- Optimized for DC/Cloud
- Cross Platform
DC – Domain Controller