Create an EDM (Enhanced) fingerprint and train your data. Once created, generate an index, then you can use the EDM fingerprint in a DLP policy to run scans to secure your company's sensitive data.
Create an EDM (Enhanced) Fingerprint
- In Skyhigh CASB go to Policy > DLP Policies > Fingerprints.
- Click Create New Fingerprint > Structured Data Fingerprint.
- Fingerprint Name. Enter a name for the fingerprint.
- Source File. Enter the path to the .csv or .tsv source file that holds the data you want to fingerprint. For example:
- Unix. file://localhost/etc/folderA/file.csv
- Unix. file:///folder/fileNameWithoutExtension
- Windows. file:///c:/WINDOWS/file.csv
- Windows. file:///WINDOWS/file.csv
- Windows. file://localhost/WINDOWS/file.csv
- Folder Path to Locally Generated Hashed Files. Enter the path to the folder where your locally generated hashed files are stored. Space allocated for this should be about 10–20% of the size of data to be fingerprinted. For example:
- Unix. file://localhost/etc/folderA
- Unix. file:///etc/folderB
- Windows. file:///c:/WINDOWS/file.doc
- Windows. file:///WINDOWS/file.doc
- Windows. file://localhost/WINDOWS/file.doc
NOTE: The source file should be located on the system where the DLP integrator is installed.
- Column Separator. Select the delimiter character that separates the columns of your source file: either Comma, Tab, Pipe, or Custom.
- Add Custom Column Separator. Enter a character to use as a custom column separator.
- Click Save.
Generate an Index
After you have created your fingerprint for the first time, generate the index. Or generate a new index when new files have been added to the host computer.
- Choose Policy > DLP Policies > Fingerprints.
- Find the fingerprint you want to generate an index for.
- In the Actions column, click Generate Index.
This triggers index generation by the on-prem DLP Integrator, but you can cancel the generation anytime.
Indexes are present until the fingerprint is deleted.