If you purchase the OCR feature, it is enabled by default for Skyhigh Security Service Edge and Skyhigh CASB Classifications and policies You can also disable the feature to avoid a slowdown.
To enable or disable OCR:
- Log in to Skyhigh CASB.
- Choose Policy > Policy Settings.
- Select the tab Enterprise DLP.
- Select the tab Security Service Edge DLP.
- Under OCR, set the toggle to ON to enable OCR for Sanctioned policies and Shadow/Web policies, or OFF to disable it:
- Sanctioned policies. When enabled, OCR extracts text from supported image file formats in the displayed cloud services.
- Shadow/Web policies. When enabled, OCR extracts text from supported image file formats in Shadow/Web DLP policies.
- Click Save.
Note: OCR won't work if you disable scanning of picture formats. See more details on Scan Settings for File Type Exclusions.