Create Custom Advanced Patterns
You can define custom advanced patterns to identify your sensitive data. Advanced patterns use regular expressions (regex) that allow pattern matching to identify sensitive data such as social security numbers or credit card numbers. They can also use a validation algorithm to validate the regex.
Skyhigh Security built-in advanced patterns cannot be edited.
- In Skyhigh CASB, select Policy > DLP Policies > Classifications.
- Click Actions > Create Classification.
- Classification Name. Enter a name for this classification. For example, My Advanced Pattern. Enter an optional description to describe its use or purpose.
- Category. Select a Category from the list.
- Conditions. For Select Criteria, select Advanced Pattern.
The Select Advanced Pattern cloud card displays.
- Click New. Enter a name and optional description for your custom Advanced Pattern.
- Click Add Regex to manually enter a regular expression, and press Enter.
- Click No Validation to add a Validation Algorithm.
- Select a Validation Algorithm from the list and click Done.
- Next, you can add a Score to weigh the new regex Advanced Pattern. Scores can be between negative or positive, -99 to 999. The higher the number, the greater the weight given to the keyword, which will exceed the threshold and trigger an incident.
- Click Save to save changes to your new Advanced Pattern.
It is added to your Classification and to the Advanced Pattern list.
- Optionally, edit the threshold by clicking . Enter a number to indicate the weight of the Advanced Pattern in threshold matching and press Enter.
- Add more classification conditions as needed and click Save.
Your custom classification with custom advanced patterns and validation is saved to the selected category in the Classifications list. Add the classification to your data protection policies as needed.