Maximum File Size for On-Demand Scans
The maximum file size supported for content-based DLP rules in On-Demand Scans is 50 MB.
- If the original file size is greater than 50 MB, Skyhigh CASB skips content extraction. So, content-based DLP rules are not evaluated. But, DLP rules based on file metadata are evaluated. For example, file size rules and collaboration rules.
- If the original file size is less than 50 MB, Skyhigh CASB performs content extraction.
- If the extracted content is greater than 30 MB, Skyhigh CASB scans only 30 MB of content.
- If the extracted content is less than 30 MB, Skyhigh CASB scans all content.
Manage the Size of On-Demand Scans
To complete On-Demand Scans in a reasonable amount of time, it helps to limit the size of the data scanned. While an option exists to scan all users (or in Exchange Online, Sites), the size of these scans can prevent them from finishing.
If the total users or sites is greater than 10,000, do not select the Scan for all users option. Instead, enable the Include the following users option, then consider the following:
- Plan for a maximum of 10,000 users per scan.
- Avoid running more than five scans in parallel.
Here are some best practices on how to segment users:
- Users belonging to a specific AD group. For example, Marketing, Sales, Finance, or other departments.
- Users belonging to a specific AD location. For example, Mountain View, Santa Clara, California, or another geographic location.
- Users with names starting with a letter in the alphabet. For example, you could scan all users with a first name that begins with "A" or all users with a last name that begins with "S".
These options also work with Exchange Online Sites.