Configure SAML in Skyhigh CASB
Use your own Identity Provider (IDP) and share authentication and identity information with Skyhigh Secure Web Gateway (SWG) in the form of SAML assertions.
To configure SAML authentication, you need the following information:
- Service provider's entity ID
- Identity Provider's entity ID
- URL of your Identity Provider
- Name of the attribute that uniquely identifies users
- Name of the attribute that lists group memberships
- Certificate to verify signed SAML responses and assertions
- Names of one or more domains that identify your organization
Match SAML Settings to your IDP
For SAML authentication to succeed, make sure that the values you configure for the following SAML settings exactly match in Skyhigh CASB and in your Identity Provider service.
- Service Provider's Entity ID
- Identity Provider's Entity ID
- User ID attribute in SAML response
- Group ID attribute in SAML response
SAML authentication is mandatory for accessing Private Applications. Once you have authenticated, you will not need to re-authenticate for 12 hours.
To configure SAML in Skyhigh CASB:
- In Skyhigh CASB go to Settings > Infrastructure > Web Gateway Setup.
- Click New SAML.
- Enter a unique SAML Configureation Name, then provide values for these SAML settings:
- Service Provider Entity ID. The unique identifier assigned to SWG by your organization. The IDP uses this value to identify SAML requests sent by SWG.
- SAML Identity Provider URL. Specifies the URL of the SAML service provided by your IDP. SWG redirects SAML requests to this URL. Ask your IDP for the URL.
- Identity Provider Must Sign SAML Response. If your IDP signs the SAML response, select this checkbox. When it's selected, SWG verifies that all SAML responses are signed by the IDP.
- Identity Provider Must Sign SAML Assertion. If your Identity Provider signs the SAML assertion in the SAML response, select this checkbox. When it's selected, SWG verifies that all SAML assertions are signed by the IDP.
- Identity Provider Entity ID. The unique identifier assigned to the IDP by your organization. SWG uses this value to identify SAML responses sent by the IDP.
- User ID attribute in SAML response. Specifies the name of the attribute that uniquely identifies the user. SWG uses this setting when it extracts the user ID from the SAML assertion.
- Group ID attribute in SAML response. Specifies the name of the attribute whose value is a list of group names. SWG uses this setting when it extracts group membership information from the SAML assertion. The service uses this information when applying group policies.
- Identity Provider Certificate. Click Upload Certificate, browse for the certificate file provided by your IDP, then click Open.
SWG uses this certificate to verify the signatures of SAML responses and assertions signed by the IDP. The supported certificate file types are: .cer, .crt, and .pem.
- Configure a list of domain names, one per line. SWG uses these values to identify your organization.
- Click Save.
The named SAML configuration is saved.