Configure the web policy rules that filter and control YouTube traffic.
Before you begin
Get a YouTube API key through Google APIs.
Add the YouTube Control rule set to the policy tree from the Web Policy | Getting Started page, if needed.
Verify that HTTPS content decryption is configured. Without this configuration, the YouTube Control rule set cannot take effect.
You can block YouTube traffic by title or category and allow or block traffic by channel. To filter traffic, the YouTube Control rules check the metadata sent with a video stream over the YouTube API. Before you can configure the YouTube rules, you must provide your YouTube API key.
- In Skyhigh CASB, select Policy > Web Policy > Policy.
- In the policy tree, select Application Control > YouTube Control.
- Optionally configure criteria to limit the scope of this rule set.
- Click Configure YouTube API Key.
- Provide your YouTube API key, then click Save.
- Select the YouTube rules that you want to enable. When selected, the rules:
- Skip YouTube Control for these Channels — Skips filtering of YouTube traffic streamed from the channels specified by the regular expressions in this list.
- Block these YouTube Video Categories — Blocks YouTube traffic in the specified categories. To configure the categories, click the rule name, select the categories you want blocked, then click Done.
- Block these YouTube Channels — Blocks YouTube traffic streamed from the channels specified by the regular expressions in this list.
- Block these YouTube Video Titles — Blocks YouTube traffic having the titles specified by the regular expressions in this list.
- Configure the lists associated with the rules as needed.
- Set the rule set status to On.
Changes to the policy tree, rule sets, or rules are automatically saved. You can publish them to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.