Configure the Next Hop Proxy Server List
After web requests received from your endpoints are filtered, they can be forwarded to the next hop proxy servers that you configure.
You can improve performance by configuring multiple proxy servers. The next hop proxy feature uses round robin load balancing to distribute web traffic across more than one server.
- From the Skyhigh CASB navigation bar, select Policy > Web Policy > Feature Configuration.
- From the Feature Config list, select Next Hop Proxy > Next Hop Proxy.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select Clone and Edit.
- Provide a name for the feature configuration and an optional comment.
- Click Add Proxy, then configure these fields:
- Description — Optionally add a description of the proxy server.
- Hostname or IP — Specifies the host name or IP address of the proxy server.
- Port — Specifies the port number to use when connecting to the proxy server.
- Account Login — Specifies the account name to use when connecting to the proxy server.
- Account Password — Specifies the password to use when connecting to the proxy server.
- Number of Login Retries — Specifies the maximum number of retries allowed before authentication fails. Default: 1
- Seconds Between Retries — Specifies the minimum number of seconds allowed between retries.
Authentication fails when the time between retries is less than the specified minimum. Default: 10
- Use persistent connections — When selected, this option improves HTTP communications.
- Click Save.
The proxy server configuration is saved. Optionally configure and add another proxy server to the next hop proxy servers list.
You can publish saved changes to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.