Pass Client Information in Web Request Headers
You can configure rules that add headers containing client information received from your endpoints to web requests. Cloud applications and services can then use this information when providing services for your users.
- From the Skyhigh CASB navigation bar, select Policy > Web Policy > Policy.
- In the policy tree, select Common Rules > Add Additional Header.
- Optionally configure criteria to limit the scope of this rule set.
- Select and configure the Add Additional Header rules that you want enabled. When selected, the rules:
- Add Client IP Header — Adds a header containing the IP address of the endpoint to the web request. Provide a name for the header.
- Add Connection IP Header — Adds a header containing the IP address of the firewall or other device between your network and the cloud (your public IP address) to the web request. Provide a name for the header.
- Add Freeform Custom Header — Adds a custom header having the name and value you specify to the web request.
Changes to the policy tree, rule sets, or rules are automatically saved. You can publish them to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.