Import List Items
You can add items to a user-defined list by importing them from a .csv file. The imported items can be added to the end of the list, or they can replace the items in the list.
Before you begin
The .csv file must meet these requirements.
- The file contains one list item per row.
- The columns are separated by one of these characters: whitespace, tab, comma, semicolon, or a custom character.
- The characters in the file are encoded with UTF-8 encoding.
When you configure the import settings for the .csv file, you can:
- Specify whether there is a header row.
- Exclude rows from the import that start with the character you specify.
- Specify whether leading and trailing whitespace is trimmed from the values in the columns.
- Use the backslash character to include special characters. For example, you can use this option when the list items include the column separator. In this example, the column separator is a comma.
|Row in .csv file||List item (imported)||Comment (imported)|
- In Skyhigh CASB, select Policy > Web Policy > Lists.
- In the List Catalog, select a category, then select a list.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select an import option:
- Import - Append with .CSV — Adds the imported list items to the end of the list.
- Import - Replace with .CSV — Replaces the list with the imported list items.
- In your file browser, select a .csv file to import, then click Open.
- In the CSV Import Settings dialog box, select the column separator, then configure these options:
- Select First line contains column headers if the .csv file includes a header row.
- Select Ignore lines starting with, then specify a character to exclude the specified rows from the import.
- Select Use "\" for escaping special characters when you want the import to interpret the character following the backslash as a character instead of as a column separator.
- Select Trim leading and trailing whitespace to trim leading and trailing whitespace from the values in the columns.
- Click Import, then click Save.
You can publish saved changes to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.