Administrators can configure proxy servers and rules to redirect traffic.
By default, the proxies are used in top-down order. The proxy at the top of the list is first tried, and if it’s unreachable or unresponsive, the next server is tried. You can also choose to use the fastest server from the proxy server list. Client Proxy opens a connection to the proxy server and monitors the response time. The server with the quickest response time is the fastest server.
- In Skyhigh CASB, click the Settings icon.
- Select Infrastructure | Client Proxy Management.
- In the policy tree, select Proxy Servers.
- Click the highlighted menu icon (...) next to the branch, then select Add New Proxy Server.
- Provide a name for the proxy server.
- From the Add Proxy drop-down list, select Add Inline and complete the following:
- Proxy Hostname or IPv4 Address — Provide an IP address or host name of the proxy server.
- Listening Port — Provide the port number of the proxy server.
- Non-HTTP Listening Ports (Optional) — Specifies the port numbers of protocols other than HTTP/HTTPS whose traffic you want redirected. Verify that the proxy server supports these protocols. You can enter comma-separated port values up to 1024 characters in this field.
- Redirect Ports 80 & 443 — Select Redirect to redirect traffic sent to ports 80 and 443 to a proxy server.
- In the Proxy Server Selection Method section, you have the following options:
- First Available — The software selects the first proxy server from the list that you configure. This option is useful when you prefer to select a specific server.
- Automatic Switch Over — When you select this option, the software checks the proxy server list at the interval you specify in the Polling Interval. If a higher priority proxy server is available, the software automatically switches to it. This option is available only when you select First Available.
NOTE: While using the Secure Channel feature, the Automatic Switch Over setting is not applicable for a proxy server list.
- Polling Interval (10 to 3600 seconds) — Specify the interval the software checks the proxy server list.
- Fastest Response Time — The software selects the next proxy server from the list that it maintains, which is based on response time.
- Click Save.
You can publish saved changes to the cloud now or keep working and publish later.