Each Client Proxy policy is associated with a list of blocked processes.
Before you begin
You must be logged on to the Trellix ePO, Trellix ePO Cloud, or the Trellix ePO server as an administrator.
A process list is a list of processes that run on the endpoints. Windows process names must end with .exe. macOS process names don't require a file name extension.
To reduce the amount of traffic that is redirected to the proxy server for filtering, configure a list of endpoint processes that are blocked from accessing the network.
- From the main menu, select Policy > Policy Catalog.
- From the Products list, select the current version of Client Proxy.
- Click MCP Policy to view the policy list.
- Click Edit on the same row as the policy you want to configure.
- From the Client Proxy Settings menu, select Block List.
- Select an option:
- Allow traffic to go directly to destination — All processes are allowed to access the Internet without going through a proxy server.
- Block traffic for all processes (except bypass listed processes) — All processes are blocked from accessing the Internet except for processes on the bypass list.
- Block traffic only for the following processes — All processes are allowed to access the Internet without going through a proxy server except for the ones on this list. Configure the list using the Add, Edit, and Delete functions.
- Click Save.
The block list is saved with the Client Proxy policy.