Client Proxy Metadata
When the Client Proxy software redirects HTTP/HTTPS traffic, it adds metadata to the requests.
Other products, such as Web Gateway and Skyhigh Security WGCS, use the metadata (for example, group membership) when applying web protection policies.
- Authentication tokens — Tokens containing identity information about the user making the web request.
- Authentication version — Version of the metadata that Client Proxy is sharing.
- Client IP address — IP address of the endpoint where the traffic originated.
- Original destination IP address — Saved IP address of the server where the traffic is destined.
- Customer ID — Uniquely identifies the customer's organization.
- User ID — Uniquely identifies the user making the web request.
- User groups — Names of any groups where the user is a member.
- Tenant ID — ID shared by the nodes in a cluster (Trellix ePO Cloud or Trellix ePO).
- Process name — Name of the process that generates traffic.
- Process Executable Path — Path of the process that generates traffic.
- System Information — System information such as host operating system name (Windows, Mac), local time (seconds since 1/1/1970), Mac address, system name, process uptime, and Client Proxy policy name. For the endpoints running Windows, it also displays the process details (uptime, absolute path, hash, signing information), and antivirus details (antivirus installed, its status, and whether it is up to date).