Client Proxy allows or redirects web requests from users based on policies that you configure.
- Traffic redirection — The software redirects web traffic to proxy servers for filtering according to the settings in the Client Proxy policy.
- Location awareness — Location-awareness settings allow one policy to cover users working inside the network, outside the network, or connected to the network by VPN.
- Centralized management — The software is managed with Trellix ePO SaaS, Trellix ePO Cloud, or Trellix ePO.
- Browser independence — Proxy server settings are configured in Client Proxy instead of in the browsers running on the endpoints.
- Transparent authentication — Client Proxy authenticates users without prompting for credentials and passes group membership and other information in metadata that it adds to HTTP/HTTPS requests.
- Tamper resistance — Users are not allowed to remove Client Proxy software from the endpoint without requesting and receiving a temporary release code from an administrator.
- Secure Channel — The software establishes a secure communication channel between Client Proxy and Skyhigh Security WGCS for all HTTP/HTTPS requests. This is applicable only for cloud proxies.