The Client Certificate authentication method uses client certificates that are sent with requests for authentication. To implement this method on the appliance, complete the following high-level steps.
- Import the Authentication Server (for X509 Authentication) rule set.
- Modify the nested rule sets to configure the use of appropriate certificates.
- Configure a listener port for requests sent by web browsers that are not using the proxy port on the appliance.
- Configure a way to let Client Certificate authentication be applied.
You can import and modify the Cookie Authentication (for X509 Authentication) rule set to use a cookie for authentication after Client Certificate authentication has been applied once and successfully been completed.
- Make sure a suitable client certificate is available on a web browser that is used for sending requests to the appliance.