Implement a Different Authentication Method
If you do not want to use the User Database authentication method of the default rule set, you can implement a different method, such as NTLM, LDAP, and others.
- Select Policy | Rule Sets.
- On the rule sets tree, navigate to the rule set that contains rules for authenticating users, for example, the default Authentication and Authorize rule set and select the nested Authenticate with User Database rule set.
The rules of the nested rule set appear on the settings pane.
- Select the rule Authenticate with User Database and in the rule criteria click User Database.
The Edit Settings window opens.
- From the list provided under Authentication Method, select an authentication method, for example, NTLM.
- Configure common and specific parameters for the selected method as needed.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Click Save Changes.
We recommend that after changing the authentication method, you rename the settings of the Authentication module, the authentication rule, and the nested rule set, accordingly.
For example, after selecting NTLM, rename the settings to NTLM and both the rule and the nested rule set to
Authenticate with NTLM.
Instead of renaming the default settings, you can also keep several settings with different names and parameter values for the Authentication module.