Using the Single Sign On rule set and the generic IceToken cloud connector template, you can configure single sign-on to any .NET or Java web application. Use this option when Web Gateway does not support the web application with a predefined connector or connector template.
Web Gateway implements single sign-on using the IceToken authentication method in the same way that it implements single sign-on using SAML authentication. Single sign-on using the two authentication methods has the following differences:
- In both cases, the Identity Provider sends the user information to the Service Provider in an assertion. The format of the user information in the assertion differs depending on the authentication method used.
- Single sign-on using the IceToken authentication method is simpler and easier to configure than single sign-on using SAML authentication.
Configure a generic IceToken cloud connector
To configure single sign-on to a .NET or Java web application, use the generic IceToken cloud connector template.
- Select Policy | Lists.
- In the Lists tree, expand System Lists | SSO Catalog, then click Custom connectors.
- Click the Add icon.
The Add Connector dialog box opens.
- Provide values for the fields and settings common to all connectors.
- From the Template drop-down list, select Generic IceToken Connector.
- Provide values for the generic IceToken settings.
- Click OK.
The newly configured IceToken connector is added to the SSO Catalog | Custom connectors list.