After you upgrade or restore the Content Security Reporter backup file, an error is reported on "server.log" file (...\Content Security Reporter\reporter\log\server.log):
ERROR [Thread: ServerService Thread Pool -- 35] [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'csrAdminInitService': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
This error indicates that Content Security Reporter was unable to read the backup file correctly. The Keystore doesn't match to decrypt the necessary settings.
How to Fix
- If you have created the backup file as described in Backup the Current Configuration, the csr.keystore file is stored on a separate device.
- Open csr.keystore in a text editor.
- Rename csr.keystore to csr.keystore.old.
- Copy the file csr.keystore.old into ..\reporter\jboss\standalone\configuration\.
- Restart the CSR service.
- In Trellix ePO go to Registered Servers > Report Server > Actions > Edit > details.
- Click test connection. If the connection is successful, check the Report Server Settings page.
- If you don't have csr.keystore file, follow the instructions from Reset the CSR Passkey.