If the automatic software upgrade fails, you can manually upgrade the software.
Before you begin: If the mcc_help version earlier than 2.0.4 installed on your system, uninstall the mcc_help extension before you upgrade.
- Uninstall Content Security Reporter.
- To reinstall Content Security Reporter, run the executable file you downloaded.
- Verify that the following services are running.
- Content Security Reporter
- If you are using an internal database, restore the MySQL internal database data.
- Go to the [INTALLDIR]\reporter\mariadb\bin directory.
- Execute the following commands:
mysql -P 9129 -u dba --password=dba
drop database reporting;
create database reporting;
mysql -P 9129 -u dba --password=dba reporting < mysqldata.sql
Internal database upgrade time estimates
Internal database size Approximate time in hours 10 GB 0.5 20 GB 1 30 GB 1.5 40 GB 2 50 GB More than 3
If you have more than 50 GB of data, use a supported external database.
- Log on to Trellix ePO as an administrator, select Report Server Settings > Database, then click Update Schema.
The amount of time it takes for the schema to update depends on the size of your database. For example, a database with 50 GB of data takes about 5 hours to update.
- Restore the Content Security Reporter data and settings.
NOTE: After creating permission sets, if the Content Security Reporter is removed and reinstalled, you must enable those permissions again. To do this, you must edit and save each permission set.