High-level steps for implementing TLS-secured usage of syslog data
To implement TLS-secured usage of syslog data with the rsyslog-gnutls package, complete the following high-level steps.
- Make sure the system time and date are the same on the appliance that you plan to configure as the syslog server and its clients.
The system that you use for creating certificates on must also have the same time and date.
- Create certificates for a root CA, as well as for the syslog server and its clients.
- Configure a syslog server.
- Configure one or more syslog clients.
- Send test messages from the syslog clients to the syslog server.