You can create a log that can be used by a logging rule to write entries into its log files.
When you create a log, you do not create it separately, but as a part of creating new settings for the File System Settings module.
- Select Policy | Settings.
- Expand File System Logging and select one of the existing settings. For example, Access Log Configuration.
This will serve as a starting point for creating new settings, including the creation of a new log.
- Click Add above the settings tree.
The Add Settings window opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for the settings.
- [Optional] In the Comment field, type a plain-text comment on the settings.
- [Optional] Select the Permission tab and configure who is allowed to access the settings.
- Under Name of the log, type the name of the new log.
- Configure other settings items, such as rotation or deletion, as needed.
- Click OK.
The Add Settings window closes and the new settings appear under File System Logging on the settings tree.
- Click Save Changes.