When you create new logging rules, you can insert them into existing logging rule sets or create new rule sets for them. These must be nested themselves in top-level rule sets known as log handlers.
You can also use the Default log handler for inserting new logging rule sets.
- Select Policy | Rule Sets.
- From the Rule Sets menu, select Log Handler.
- Click Add above the log handler tree, and from the drop-down list that appears, select Log Handler.
The Add New Log Handler window opens.
- In the Name field, type a name for the log handler.
- Make sure Enable is selected.
- [Optional] In the Comment field, type a plain-text comment on the log handler.
- [Optional] Click the Permissions tab and configure who is allowed to access the log handler.
- Click OK to close the Add New Log Handler window.
The new log handler appears on the log handler tree.
- Click Save Changes.