Quota management is a means of guiding the users of your network in their web usage. This way you can ensure that resources and performance of your network are not impacted in excess.
Quotas and other restrictions can be imposed in several ways:
- Time quotas — Limit the time that users are allowed to spend on their web usage
- Volume quotas — Limit the volume that users are allowed to consume during their web usage
- Coaching — Limits the time that users can spend on their web usage, but allows them to exceed the configured time limit if they choose to do so
- Authorized override — Limits the time that users can spend on web usage in the same way as coaching
However, the time limit can only be exceeded by an action of an authorized user, for example, a teacher in a classroom.
- Blocking sessions — Blocks access to the web for a configured period of time after a user attempted to access a web object, for which access was not allowed
Quotas and other restrictions can be imposed separately or in a combination of measures.