By configuring coaching quotas, you can limit the time that users of your network are allowed to spend for web usage, but allow them to continue if they choose to do so.
To coach the web usage of your users, you configure a coaching session with a particular length of time. When this session time has elapsed for a user, a block message is displayed. The user can then choose to start a new session.
You can configure coaching in relation to the parameters used in the Coaching library rule set, such as URL categories, IP addresses, and user names. You can also create rules of your own using other parameters.
You can configure coaching to restrict web usage for the users of your network, but allow them to continue when they choose to do so after the configured time limit has been exceeded.
- Select Policy | Rule Sets.
- On the rule sets tree, expand the rule set that contains rules for coaching, for example, the Coaching library rule set.
The nested rule sets appear.
- Select the appropriate nested rule set, for example, Coaching With IP Configuration.
The general settings and rules of the rule set appear on the settings pane.
- In the rule set criteria, click the appropriate blocking list name, for example, IP Block List for Coaching.
The Edit List (Category) window opens.
Note: A yellow triangle next to the list name means the list is initially empty and you need to fill the entries.
- Add the appropriate entries to the blocking list, for example, IP addresses. Then click OK to close the window.
- In the criteria for one of the rules, click the appropriate settings name, for example, IP Configuration.
The Edit Settings window opens.
- Configure the appropriate parameters, for example, the session time. Then click OK to close the window.
- Click Save Changes.