You can configure the Central Management functions of Secure Web Gateway to run and administer multiple appliances as nodes in a cluster.
NOTE: By default, appliances are not running as nodes in any Central Management cluster on Secure Web Gateway, so all activities for setting up a cluster must be completed by the administrator.
- Choose an appliance in your network that serves as your first node.
- Implement the items required for SSL-secured communication between cluster nodes, such as a certificate and a certificate authority (CA) with private keys, on this appliance.
- Include at least one more appliance as another node.
- Implement the items for SSL-secured cluster communication on this appliance.
- Working on the interface of this or the first appliance, configure at least:
- Host name or IP address
- Membership in a network node group
You can also configure:
- IP addresses and ports for communication between nodes
- Membership in runtime and update node groups
- Scheduled jobs
- Complete more configuration activities as needed.
- Review the settings for Central Management on any node and adapt them to your requirements.
NOTE: If you change the default Advanced Management Settings, make sure that Use unencrypted communication is set in the same way for all nodes.
- Include more nodes in the cluster.
- Save your changes.