Update the Appliance Software in a Central Management Cluster
To update the appliance software on Web Gateway appliances that run as nodes in a Central Management cluster, perform the update procedure on one of the nodes and update this node as the last of all.
TIP: We recommend creating a backup of the current configuration before the update.
- Install a repository with the product version you want to update to on every appliance that is a node in the cluster:
- Log on to an appliance from a system console using SSH.
- Run this command:
yum install yumconf-<version number>-mwg
yumconf-<version number>-mwg is the repository name. The digits of the version number must be separated by dots.
- Log on to the interface of one appliance in the cluster for performing the update.
- Update every appliance in the cluster, except the appliance where you are working:
- On the appliances tree, select an appliance.
- On the toolbar above the settings pane, click Update appliance software.
- When all other appliances are running their updates, update the appliance where you are working:
- Select the appliance on the appliances tree.
- Click Update appliance software.
The appliance software is now updated on all nodes in the cluster.
If the nodes in a cluster are assigned to different network groups, with some nodes being members of more than one group, we recommend that you:
- Perform the update procedure from one of the nodes with multiple membership.
- Update any other node with multiple membership at the end of the procedure.
- Update the node where you are working last.
For example, you have network group A with nodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and network group B with nodes 3, 4, 5, 6, where 3 and 4 are members of both groups:
- Choose node 3 or 4 for performing the update procedure
- Update nodes 1, 2, 5, 6 first, then 4 (if you have chosen 3 to perform the procedure), and finally 3.