To install a module card on a physical Web Gateway appliance, where the appliance software runs on a hardware platform, you unplug the appliance, remove its cover, and insert the card in a suitable slot.
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to the appliance or the module card caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD), make sure that you work in an ESD-protected area.
- Turn off the appliance and unplug the power cord.
NOTE: Turn off and unplug the appliance before removing its cover. Failure to do so could endanger you and damage the appliance or the module card.
- Remove the appliance cover.
- Insert the module card.
NOTE: Some appliance models secure the module card with a screw, others use retention clips.
- Remove the card riser assembly.
- If retention clips are used, open the front and rear clips on the assembly.
- Choose a slot on the assembly for inserting the module card and remove the filler panel from this slot.
NOTE: On model WBG-5500-C, you must use riser slot 2.
- If a securing screw is used, remove it.
- Push the module card into the slot until it seats in the card connector.
NOTE: Use caution when pushing the card, as excessive force can break the connector.
- Secure the module card with the screw or close the front and rear retention clips.
- Reinstall the assembly.
- Reattach the appliance cover and plug in the power cord.
- Turn on the appliance.