Configure the Remote Management Module (RMM) to administer the appliance hardware remotely.
- Connect the interfaces for the Remote Management Module or the Baseboard Management Controller or for both on the rear panel of the appliance box to the network.
- Restart the appliance.
- During the start phase, press F2.
A configuration menu appears.
- Select Server Management | BMC LAN Configuration.
- Under Baseboard LAN configuration, configure an IP address, a subnet mask, and a gateway IP address.
- Under Intel (R) RMM4 LAN configuration, configure an IP address, a subnet mask, and a gateway IP address.
- Under User configuration, configure a user name and password to allow an initial user to access the Remote Management Module.
- Press F10, and in the dialog window that appears, click Yes to save your settings.
The Remote Management Module is now available for administering the appliance hardware remotely. You can access the module using the IP address that you have configured.
The interface for the Remote Management Module and the Baseboard Management Controller is located between the network interfaces on the rear panel of an appliance box. For a diagram that shows the location of the interfaces, see the chapter on port assignments in this guide.