You can use virtual media to install the Web Gateway appliance software on a blade server in either of the two enclosure models. The blade system enclosure provides an option for a virtual installation of Web Gateway on a server in the enclosure using an ISO image that is stored on one of your local drives.
The blade system enclosure provides an option for a virtual installation of Web Gateway on a server in the enclosure using an ISO image that is stored on one of your local drives.
- Open the Onboard Administrator of the enclosure and select a blade server to install Web Gateway on.
- Click iLO, then click Web Administration.
A new browser window opens providing access to the iLO (integrated Lights-Out) web user interface.
- Click the Virtual Media tab, then click Virtual Media.
The Virtual Media window opens.
- Choose the Virtual Floppy/USB Key or Virtual CD/DVD-ROM section of the window for installing Web Gateway and click Browse in the section.
- Browse to the location where you stored the ISO image of the Web Gateway appliance software and click Connect.
The ISO image becomes available for installation.
- Follow the instructions for installing Web Gateway that appear on the monitor you connected to the enclosure.
When the installation is completed, you can log on to the user interface of Web Gateway.