Configure the Hyper-V Server Role for the Windows 2016 Server
Configure the Hyper-V role for the Windows 2016 Server that you have set up. This server role is well suited for hosting another virtual machine that Web Gateway uses as its platform.
- Log on to the Windows 2016 Server using RDP.
- On the server interface, use the Server Manager to configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Select the installation type for role-based and feature-based installations.
- From the server pool, select the server where you are logged on.
- Select the Hyper-V role for this server.
- Configure settings for this server role:
- Required feature: Include management tools (if applicable)
- Virtual switch: Microsoft Hyper-V Network Adapter
- Confirmation mode: Restart the destination server automatically if required
- Create the Hyper-V server role with the configured settings.
When the server role is created, the server restarts and you lose connection to the RDP public port.
- When the restart is complete, log on to the server again using RDP with the credentials that you configured.
- Wait until a message informs you that the configuration process has finished successfully.
You have now configured the Hyper-V server role for the Windows 2016 Server. Continue with configuring Network Address Translation for Web Gateway, which allows it to connect to the Internet.