Downloading updated anti-malware and URL filtering information from external servers can fail due to connection problems. There are several ways to solve these problems.
The downloads are started after you have activated a Web Gateway appliance, which is usually the last step of a first-time installation procedure.
- In the Network solutions section of the installation wizard, do one of the following:
- If the download servers cannot be used for updating filtering information because you are running the appliance in an environment without internet connection, click Perform offline update and follow the wizard instructions.
- If you want to use a next-hop proxy to connect to the download servers, click Specify next-hop proxy for download and continue with step 2.
- If you want to modify the domain name service configuration before connecting to the download servers, click Specify DNS servers for download and continue with step 3.
- Under Next Hop Proxy Definition, configure the following:
- In the Host field, type a host name or an IP address for the next-hop proxy in IPv4 or IPv6 format.
- In the Port field, type a port number for the port on the next-hop proxy that listens to requests from Web Gateway.
- In the User field, type the user name Web Gateway submits when authenticating to the next-hop proxy.
- In the Password field, type the password Web Gateway submits when authenticating to the next-hop proxy.
- Click Continue.
The wizard closes the Network solutions section and returns to its main page. If you also want to modify the domain name service configuration, continue with step 3, otherwise continue with step 4.
- Under Domain Name Server Configuration, configure the following:
- In the Domain name server fields, type IP addresses for up to three DNS servers.
- Click Continue.
The wizard closes the Network solutions section and returns to its main page.
- Click Retry download of engines and patterns.
The download should complete now. If, however, the download does still not complete successfully, close the wizard and try other measures for solving the problem.