To enable the download of a wpad.dat file by a web browser on a client, you need to configure a rule that forwards the download request to the appropriate port on an appliance.
- On the user interface of the appliance, select Configuration | Appliances.
- On the appliances tree, select the appliance you want to make the wpad.dat file available on and click Port Forwarding.
- Under Port Forwarding Rules, click Add.
The Add AppliancePortForwarding window opens.
- Configure settings for a port forwarding rule as follows:
- Source Host — 0.0.0.0
- Target Port — 80
- Destination Host — 127.0.0.1
- Destination Port — <File download port>
As <File download port>, enter the HTTP port for the user interface of the appliance (default: 4711) or a dedicated port that you have configured.
- Click OK.
The window closes and the rule appears in the list.