Configure the Transparent Proxy with WCCP Mode
To configure the Transparent Proxy with WCCP protocol, configure a router and one or more Web Gateway appliances for handling web traffic according to this protocol.
- Configure a router for handling web traffic according to the WCCP protocol.
Configuring the router mainly includes specifying the ID of the WCCP service. For more information, see the router documentation.
- Configure a Web Gateway appliance for handling web traffic according to the WCCP protocol.
Configuring the appliance mainly includes setting up a WCCP service on it.
- Select Configuration | Appliances.
- Select the appliance that you want to configure for use of the WCCP protocol and click Proxies (HTTPS, FTP, SOCKS, ICAP ...).
- Under Network Setup make sure that Proxy (optional WCCP) is selected. Under Transparent Proxy select WCCP.
The WCCP services list appears.
- On the list toolbar, click the Add icon.
The Add WCCP Service window opens.
- To add a service, provide values for the service parameters. When you are done, click OK.
The new service appears in the WCCP services list.
- Click Save Changes.
You can include more than one appliance in a WCCP configuration. Configure a WCCP service on every appliance that you want to include.
NOTE: When configuring the explicit proxy mode with WCCP after using a different network mode before (Proxy HA mode, transparent router or bridge mode), you must restart the appliance.
The restart unloads the network driver that handles the transparent interception and redirection of web traffic. Restarting is only required once. Later on you can enable and disable use of the WCCP protocol without restarting.