Add a 4-port NIC Card to the Web Gateway WBG-5000-E2 and WBG-5500-E2 Appliances
Beginning in Q1 2022, the Web Gateway WBG-5500-E2 and WBG-5000-E2 appliances come equipped with four ports. This marks a change from the previous WBG-5500-E and WBG-5000-E models, which had six ports. One of the supported I/O modules is pre-installed on riser 1, located farthest from the PSU.
If desired, an additional supported 4-port fiber card can be added to increase the port count to eight. The add-on fiber card must be inserted into riser slot 2, which is closest to the PSU.
For a comprehensive list of supported fiber cards, refer to the "Adding a module card" section of the Web Gateway Hardware Guide.
Steps to install the additional 4-port fiber card:
- Turn off the appliance and detach the power cables.
- Detach the network cables from the NIC ports module.
- Remove the tamper-proof label.
- Remove the system top cover:
- Loosen the two captive thumb screws located on the back of the system cover.
- Slide the system top cover back.
- Lift the cover upward.
- Remove the riser card. Grasp the riser card #2 assembly, closest to the PSU, and carefully pull straight up.
- Remove the filler panel from the add-in card slot. See Additional NIC illustration 1 - A in the Related Information section.
- Remove the one fastener screw from the riser card. See Additional NIC illustration 1 - B in the Related Information section.
- Insert the add-in card in the slot on the riser card until is fully seated. See Additional NIC illustration 2 - C in the Related Information section.
- Secure the add-in card to the riser bracket with the fastener screw. See Additional NIC illustration 2 - D in the Related Information section.
- Position the riser card edge connector over the riser slot on the server board.
- Align the two hooks on the back edge of the riser assembly with the slot on the back of the chassis.
- Once aligned, carefully press the riser assembly straight down into the riser slot.
IMPORTANT: Don’t rock the riser assembly into place; doing so might damage the contact pins within the riser slot.
- Install the top cover:
- Place the system cover on the chassis.
- Slide the cover forward until the front edge of the system cover is pressed up against the back edge of the front drive bay.
- Hand tighten the two captive thumb screws at the back of the chassis.
- Plug the cables into the 4-ports fiber card.
- Test the appliance function.
- Install the tamper label.
Back panel layout for Web Gateway models WBG-5000-E2 and WBG-5500-E2:
|1||Network interface 1|
|2||Network interface 2|
|5||Network interface 3|
|6||Network interface 4|
Additional NIC illustration 1:
Additional NIC illustration 2: