Web Gateway Hardware Support
To further assist our customers when opening Hardware Support cases with Skyhigh Security, this Hardware Support Customer Quick Reference outlines the Customer Responsibilities and our Hardware Case Workflow for Part Replacement Troubleshooting. We encourage our customers to use this reference to help understand their responsibilities and their engagement while we aim to resolve your issue in the fastest possible time.
To receive services under Skyhigh Security Hardware Technical Support and Warranty coverage, you are responsible for the following:
- Use of diagnostic tools to assess the hardware issue. Skyhigh Security in-house and appointed technicians may require you to use diagnostic tools specific to your appliance model to troubleshoot the issue and validate the need for replacement. Use of these diagnostic applications is required before a part and/or technician can be dispatched. Their use may also be required during a technician’s visit.
- For additional information on how to obtain and use the system diagnostics, click here:
- Unless you have purchased Same Day On-Site support, you are responsible for the replacement of all customers replaceable units (CRUs).
- A monitor, keyboard, and mouse must be available for connections to the appliance during telephone troubleshooting and On-Site repair.
- A backup of all appliance configuration data (as described in the product documentation) must be available.
- Skyhigh Security recommends that you have product identifiable information on hand at the time of any contact with Technical Support. This includes the serial number for the appliance and your entitlement or grant number.
- All software re-imaging, upgrading and patching is the responsibility of the customer.
- Preparation of access to secure environment(s) including dark data centers and remote sites, ensure access is enabled in advance to all environments required so troubleshooting can proceed restriction free.
|MILESTONE||CUSTOMER PROCESS AWARENESS (We kindly ask for our customers patience and cooperation throughout the process)|
|1||Skyhigh Security will attempt to collect as much information regarding your hardware issue to include validating your support entitlement.|
|2||When Skyhigh Security Support are troubleshooting your issue, Skyhigh Security may also attempt to collect system logs from the appliance remotely.|
|A||The hardware issue is resolved by Skyhigh Security without further investigation or escalation.|
|B1 and C2||If your case is passed to NCR as a diagnosed part issue, to ensure that parts are delivered correctly, NCR will reconfirm your contact and location details.|
|C1||If your case is passed to NCR as an undiagnosed issue, remote troubleshooting will be attempted by NCR. If this cannot be undertaken, an onsite visit may be arranged and you will be asked to confirm site access has been enabled.|
|B2 and C3||To ensure that diagnosed customer replaceable units (CRUs) are delivered correctly, NCR will always ask you to reconfirm your contact and location details.|
|B3 and C4||To ensure that diagnosed field replaceable units (FRUs) are delivered correctly and installed by a field engineer, NCR will reconfirm your contact details, location and site access has been enabled.|
|D1||If the issue is not a replaceable part, the case is passed to Skyhigh Security Support for further remote troubleshooting. If not resolved, NCR may be required to undertake non standard tasks onsite and you will be asked to assist with arranging site access.|