Configure Bandwidth Throttling Using Classes
To configure bandwidth throttling using classes, create bandwidth classes and suitable rules that use these classes.
- Select Configuration | Appliances.
- On the appliances tree, select the appliance that you want configure bandwidth throttling on, then click Bandwidth Control.
The Bandwidth Control settings appear in the configuration pane.
- Under Bandwidth Control, make sure that Enable Bandwidth Control is selected.
NOTE: Make sure that any other bandwidth throttling functions on Web Gateway are disabled.
- Under Bandwidth Classes, configure the classes that you want to use for bandwidth throttling.
- In the Bandwidth classes list, add entries for bandwidth classes.
- In the Interface names list, add entries for the network interfaces on Web Gateway that bandwidth throttling using classes are performed on.
- Create suitable rules that use the bandwidth throttling events and classes to limit the transferring speed of data in incoming and outgoing web traffic on Web Gateway.
NOTE: When creating a rule, make sure that you only reference classes at the lowest hierarchy level, as only the speed limits configured for these classes are applied to data transfers.